9th February, 2013
There is this guy at my school, who was tattooing himself in the middle of class, with a pencil. I wasn’t in the class so I don’t even know how he was doing it, but he showed it to me & it was awful looking. Red, swollen, I’m not even sure how the pencil was doing anything. He kept putting GermX all over it, for some reason. He said he planned on putting pen ink on it when he got home. When asked why he did it, he said it was because he was too poor to get a professional tattoo. That was about a week ago. Now, it is green looking & still ridiculously red. The tattoo is of his girlfriends name, & it’s huge & on his forearm. Also, we are sophomores in high school. So that just makes it worse. I wish I could get a picture so you could see how disgusting it is.
Wow. The thought of that is nauseating… :( Green, now? Uh…has anyone perhaps suggested he may want to see a doctor? (I mean, when you say “green” I assume “swollen and red and painful and hot-to-the-touch and infected and gross and practically oozing pus” green, not like “he rubbed green ink into it” green.)
what the fuck
did lead poisoning stop being a thing when I wasn’t looking
Pencils don’t use lead, they use graphite.
I think pencils with lead in them are still a thing tho idk
Pencils have never actually used lead, they have always used graphite. The term “lead” is a commonly used term, but pencils have never used lead in them, they have always been either graphite or charcoal.
This is a common concern though, to the point that the art department I was part of had to send letters to parents that we wouldn’t get lead poisoning. Lead is far too dangerous to use in something like pencils, as extended exposure causes intense health problems, even if it’s not poked into the skin by a teenage dumbass.
- kirawords reblogged this from reservoircat and added:
- alphaeve reblogged this from social-darwin-awards and added:
- kiss-my-aspergers likes this
- reservoircat reblogged this from kiss-my-aspergers and added:
- kiracuils likes this
- kiss-my-aspergers reblogged this from social-darwin-awards and added:
- unregistard likes this
- confectionerection reblogged this from social-darwin-awards and added:
- fuckinvegan reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- kittenastrophe likes this
- vanillish likes this
- bleedmeslowly likes this
- followsardoodledom likes this
- philosophical-panda likes this
- kay-the-strange likes this
- thenewjudas reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- thenewjudas likes this
- thereal-samshady likes this
- avalonlon likes this
- emeraldbeck said: That sounds more like self harm…
- awfulmodifications posted this